Artificial Lift Solutions uses decades of experience to keep ESP's running at optimum levels
We proactively identify technology, training, and processes to take your team to the next level
Artificial Lift Solutions monitors Key Performance Indicators, adjusting strategies as needed
Each job is assessed and analysed individually to provide unique solutions catered to your needs
Once we have executive buy-in, we oversee the implementation process from start to finish
Jeff Dwiggins has over thirty-five years of experience in the domestic and international energy industry. Jeff founded Artificial Lift Solutions PTE LTD in 2002. His focus...
Graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Oklahoma. Following university, worked six years for...
Experienced in both North Sea and Malaysian ESP installation and production operations. Specific expertise in...
20+ years of Oil & Gas Industry Artificial Lift Experience, and 9+ years of International Experience including the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Extensive technical and managerial experience, with specific expertise in the areas of ESP Manufacturing, QA/QC, Inspections, Testing, and DIFA.
ARTIFICIAL LIFT SOLUTIONS – INTERNATIONAL (BASE IN SINGAPORE) NOV 2021 – Current
Global Quality Manager with technical title: Principal Quality Advisor (Nov 2021 – Current)
Quality Management Process
Customer Satisfaction & Quality Culture
ARTIFICIAL LIFT SOLUTIONS – INTERNATIONAL (BASED IN SINGAPORE) AUG 2018 – OCT 2021
Global Senior Quality ESP Consultant (Aug 2018 – Oct 2021)
Suppliers: Lex LLC, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, GE Oil & Gas, Summit, COSL, Borets, AccessESP, Zilift, Coreteq systems, Haliburton, Dover Artificial Lift, Champion X, Extract
Bachelor of Engineering – BE, Electrical and Electronics Engineering with 1st Class Honors - Nanyang Technological University NTU (Singapore)
Master’s Degree, Master of Science in Engineering Business Management - Coventry University (United Kingdom)
- ISO 150001v2011 Lead Auditor 2012
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor 2014
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- BOSIET with OPTIO Approved Certification, Code 5707 Expires Dec 2023
Jeff Dwiggins has over thirty-five years of experience in the domestic and international energy industry. Jeff founded Artificial Lift Solutions PTE LTD in 2002. His focus has been the supporting of artificial lift efforts for oil and gas companies. He has worked extensively for several companies in assisting with field operations support as well as research and development efforts. Jeff has extensive ESP application and alternative deployed ESP expertise having worked significant projects in such places as Qatar, Egypt, Brunei, Chad and others. Jeff has successfully managed the development of many key facets of coiled tubing deployed ESPs. He also has a broad background in the oil and gas sector including project engineering, engineering development and management, business operations and development (inclusive of extensive P&L experience), startup operations and manufacturing operations. Jeff also has operational experience in contract development, installation and operations of artificial lift systems.
Artificial Lift Solutions Pte Ltd currently have on staff experience personnel that incorporate 250+ years of cumulative experience with ESP and Gas Lift systems. These resources can provide focus and dedication to improvement of ESP performance, etc.
Production engineering consultant for all forms of Artificial Lift; working worldwide to improve Apache’s overall artificial lift performance. Activities include: optimization, audit of field services, training, application, on-site technical support and remote technical support.
Production engineering consultant for all types of production related issues with focus on key ConocoPhillips fields with Artificial Lift. Work with regions to improve production and product performance with significant focus on Bohai Bay (China) and Polar Lights (Russia).
Exxon Neftegas Limited (ENL) (Consultant)
Completions engineering for extended reach horizontal wells. Write completion and workover procedures. Manage completions logistics, assist with technical issues.
SMITH INTERNATIONAL (Consultant)
Smith Lift is a developing artificial lift company for Smith International. Smith Lift designs and manufactures downhole positive displacement pumps. Responsible for all day to day management activities, including directing sales, manufacturing and operations.
Director of Operations, Western Hemisphere
Responsible for all sales and operational activities within Western Hemisphere and to establish new business systems and sales and marketing force in order to increase sales and profits. Managed manufacturing, operations and sales with P&L responsibilities.
- Initiated business in Western Canada and achieved $800 thousand in sales during first year.
- Expanded business in Latin America through opening of Buenos Aires, Argentina office and closed first year sales of approximately $1million with second year sales of $1.5 million.
- Opened Mexico market and awarded contract with PMEX for ongoing operations.
ExxonMobil – Africa (Consultant)
Responsibilities included oversight and advisement on all forms of artificial lift to enhance runlives as well as improve economics.
- Reduced rig work-over days from ten to two with savings of approximately $55 thousand per day.
- Completed review and initiated “pre-startup” ESP installation program. By installing ESPs in wellbores prior to startup, multiple rig moves were eliminated, thereby allowing “significant” savings (est. $100 thousand per rig move).
Responsible for all sales and operational activities. Oversaw existing major contracts, and pursued contracts with new customers within respective regions, and supervised operation of major service centers.
- Grew annual sales from $15 million to in excess of $38 million with projected growth through 2004 to exceed $50 million.
- Won world’s largest ever contract for ESP industry (valued at approximately $200 million awarded in 2000) for Middle East Region.
- Developed extensive experience in operating joint venture companies and established companies in various countries in Middle East and throughout Asia. Put in place large workforce of various nationalities within these regions.
- Supervised startup operations of new manufacturing center in Jebal Ali, United Arab Emirates.
Responsible for implementation of new engineering philosophy' for WGESP Inc. which was perceived to lack direction and recognition within industry. Engineering program is now broadly considered to be one of best in industry with superior products being introduced in several areas.
- Added key personnel and provided leadership and focus on major projects.
- Performance as head of engineering led to promotion as key operational manager.
Due to overall success of project management efforts, promoted and group's role greatly expanded business opportunities for Reda Pump Company worldwide. Position was heavily weighted in operations, which included Profit & Loss responsibilities and strategic planning.
(Reda Pump Company, Lawrence Technology Division, Lawrence, KS) Directed all engineering activities within Cable Manufacturing Operation’s division including Research and Development programs and directed global rollout and product information.
Responsibilities included supervision and management of major projects on worldwide basis including major alliances and new technology development with clients (examples included subsea ESPs, coiled tubing deployed ESPs and others).
US Air Force – 1980-1982; Sr. Application Engineer (Sales) (1994); Applications & Special Projects Engineering Manager (1992 - 1994); Cable Deployed System Program Manager (1989 - 1992)
1995 - 1996: Director of Technical Development, Reda (Lawrence) cable facility, Lawrence, Kansas
1998 - 1999: Worked at Wood Group ESP initiating their independent cable product line with Pirelli Cables (now known as Prysmian Cables & Systems)
2005 - 2007: Worked on cable development issues for Saudi based ESP manufacturer. Developed ESP cable specifications, worked to prepare detailed specifications on ESP cable manufacturing facilities.
2010: Visited Slovakia to visit Borets ESP cable facility. Purpose of visit was to evaluate quality of cable for Apache operations (worldwide).
Graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering from the University of Oklahoma. Following university, worked six years for two independent oil and gas operators as a drilling engineer, planning and managing several rigs and drilling over 100 horizontal oil and gas wells in a variety of challenging environments, with a heightened focus on operational optimization and cost reduction. Spearheaded the development of a new, highly productive shale play, through detailed planning and mitigation of severe hole instability, lost circulation, and well control concerns. Accepted an international role with Artificial Lift Solutions (ALS) in 2015, a consulting company with a focus on optimisation of artificial lift systems, particularly ESP’s. Currently managing and growing ALS business in Asia, while seeking to further develop its service offerings and broaden its portfolio. Skilled in technical evaluation, engineering analysis, cost management, process organization, and business communication.
Vice President, Operations, Oklahoma City, OK, USA ( Oct 2019 – Present)
- Provide technical expertise and support for all US Operations, seeking out new clientele and managing ongoing business with numerous clients.
- Management of all Engineering Consultants supporting operations.
- Field and remote support with all ongoing ESP operations, including installations, pulls, troubleshooting, DIFA, manufacturing, and report reviews for all of the above.
- Frequent travel to all areas of operation, including Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Wyoming, and North Dakota.
- Maintain customer relations and explore opportunities for ESP optimization and enhancement of customer support.
- Implement new processes for enhancement of services.
Business Development Manager / Consulting Engineer, Singapore (Oct 2015 – Oct 2019)
- Provide technical expertise and support for a wide variety of global artificial lift operations, with heightened focus on Electric Submersible Pumps (ESP’s)
- Responsible for managing current business and seeking out new customers in the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions.
- Intricate involvement in many core ALS services including DIFA, assembly and Supplier facility audits, workovers, and commercial tender preparation.
- Develop new platforms and methods for technical services, marketing and advertising.
- Prepare and manage commercial proposals, invoicing, P/L sheets.
- Provide engineering support and review/editing of technical documentation and reports to ensure all documents submitted to customers are technically sound and professional.
- Frequent travel to Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, Malaysia, Brunei, and the Greater Middle East to maintain customer support and seek out new clientele.
- Hire and manage new experienced personnel in Asia to enhance ALS support for a growing customer base.
Senior Drilling Engineer – Woodford / Springer Shale
- South Central Oklahoma Oil Province (SCOOP)
- Monitored and managed 3-4 rigs while implementing new programs for improving efficiencies
- Team leader in designing new drilling programs outlining best practices for large scale development of the recently discovered Springer Shale play
- Navigated complex and challenging drilling environments through constant monitoring of torque and drag, communication with the field team, and implementation of new technologies
- Weekly trips to southern Oklahoma for team discussions, rig visits, and operational improvement
Drilling Engineer II – Marcellus South (Jun 2012 – Nov 2013)
- Southern PA / WV Panhandle
- Actively involved in permitting and regulatory requirements
- Worked with land, geology, and regulatory to safely drill through coal mines and gas storage zones
- Built AFE’s, drilling programs, and post-well analyses for wells drilled
- Monitored and managed 3-4 rigs while maximizing efficiency and minimizing costs (drilled 68 wells)
- Worked as sole engineer, managing drilling responsibilities for entire district from Jan to July 2013
- Implemented new practices and procedures, effectively reducing cycle times and drilling costs
- Monthly week long trips to PA / WV for team discussions, rig visits, and operational improvement
Drilling Engineer I – Marcellus North (Jan 2011 – Jun 2012)
- Northeastern PA
- Actively involved in permitting and regulatory requirements
- Worked to resolve migrating gas issues via casing and cementing procedures
- Built AFE’s, drilling programs, and post-well analyses for wells drilled
Field Engineer – Anadarko Basin/Marcellus North (May 2009 – Jan 2011)
- Rotated on one week/two week hitches.
- Developed an understanding of daily drilling procedures and chain of command.
- Witnessed multiple fishing operations, cementing jobs, and directional drilling procedures.
- Involved in drilling rollout of Wellview reporting software, training of company men, troubleshooting errors, and communicating with IT team on methods of improvement.
- Spent 3-4 months monitoring completion/production operations – frac jobs, drill-outs, TCP jobs.
Production Engineering Intern – Arkoma, Woodford Shale (May 2008 – Aug 2008)
- Tracked daily operations and gained understanding of completion and frac design.
- Developed limited entry calculations spreadsheet.
- Worked alongside Senior Asset Managers and designed horizontal completions for 3 wells.
- Oversaw multiple frac jobs and monitored production as wells were opened to production.
Field Intern (Roughneck) – Marlow, OK (May 2007 – Aug 2007)
- Worked one week hitches on Nomac 18 drilling rig.
- Learned dynamics of drilling rig operations.
- Hands on experience tripping pipe, making connections, mixing drilling fluid, and maintaining rig equipment while gaining full understanding of importance of safety during all operations.
- Submitted weekly reports to Oklahoma City office related to learnings and career applicability.
University of Oklahoma – Norman, OK - May 2009
BS Petroleum Engineering – GPA: 3.18 on 4-point scale
Experienced in both North Sea and Malaysian ESP installation and production operations. Specific expertise in ESP lifecycle management, production operations, alternative ESP deployment, ESP installation, well/equipment troubleshooting, DIFA and ESP application design.
Vice President and Senior Consulting Engineer responsible for:
Production Technologist responsible for:
Production Technologist assigned to Alternative artificial lift team responsible for:
Production Engineer assigned to Forties Charlie and Bravo central North Sea assets responsible for:
North Sea region ESP focal point and technical expert where responsibilities include:
Seconded to Apache North Sea’s office to assist with daily ESP operations. During this assignment a number critical initiatives were led and implemented with an obvious positive impact on field ESP run life. Responsibilities included;
ESP Applications Engineer assigned to the North Sea region. Responsible for:
ESP Field Engineer assigned to the North Sea region. Responsibilities in this role included;
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK(10/2002 – 06/2006)
BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering