20+ years of Oil & Gas Industry Artificial Lift Experience, and 7+ years of International Experience including...
20+ years of Oil & Gas Industry Artificial Lift Experience, and 7+ years of International Experience including the Middle East, Asia, Europe and Latin America. Extensive technical and managerial experience, with specific expertise in the areas of ESP Manufacturing, QA/QC, Inspections, Testing, and DIFA.
ARTIFICIAL LIFT SOLUTIONS – Singapore Nov 2021 – Current
Global Quality Manager with technical title: Principal Quality Advisor (Nov 2021 – Current)
• Determine the overall Customer Satisfaction & Quality strategy, aligning it with OGSM plan
• Oversee all aspects of Quality function. Represent the Quality organization to all stakeholders with competence, professionalism, and strategic vision
• Develop and direct Quality Policies, Standard and Programs, designed to drive continuous improvement of organizational processes, products, and services in compliance to relevant quality standards and regulations
• Build strong quality systems for determining the appropriate infrastructure and resources required for each site to achieve business objectives
• Build a strong QMS within the organization
• Ensure that Quality Management systems are adequately maintained, and continuous improvements are implemented
• Co-ordinate with various functions to ensure awareness and understanding of the Quality Management System. Plan and co-ordinate gap analysis exercises and provide advice on bridging the gap
Quality Management Process
• Manage the customer Quality function, define the processes to improve customer responsiveness
• Manage implementation of all quality assurance activities, including planning, coordination, and implementation efforts for compliance with all relevant regulations, standards and internal requirements through auditing, inspection, and personnel training
Customer Satisfaction & Quality Culture
• Be an active part of the company’s transformation strategy, participation in cross-cultural programs for innovative diversification by understanding needs of both internal and external customers
• Develop and implement Customer Satisfaction measurement. Assure regular and transparent communication quality status and projects’ progress
• Support the implementation of quality centered culture
ARTIFICAL LIFT SOLUTIONS – Singapore Aug 2018 – Oct 2021
Global Senior Quality ESP Consultant (Aug 2018 – Oct 2021)
- Develop and reviewing ESP suppliers Proposals Comparison/Evaluation for Wells biddings based on ESP suppliers’ response efficiency and requirement fulfilling the requirement.
- Managing Completions, Workover, Well intervention, Well Integrity and Well decommissioning operations globally.
- Identified and facilitated the application of latest completion methods to optimize fields worldwide for offshore and land, sand control and non-sand control applications, unconventional frac completions, multilateral, HPHT wells, Intelligent Completions
- Provide guidance and work with the ESP suppliers towards ensuring the manufacturing/testing process instructions are available on site and adhered to.
- Represent Client as a Third-Party Inspector to conduct an inspection on ESP at Suppliers Manufacturing Centres, to include inspection of component specifications, assembly, final acceptance testing (FAT), String Integration Testing (SIT), and Shipping/Packaging processes to ensure product quality is retained.
- Support, develop, and maintain the readiness of internal documentation such as procedures, templates, audit forms, manuals, and training slides as part of CLM
Suppliers: Lex LLC, Schlumberger, Baker Hughes, GE Oil & Gas, Summit, COSL, Borets, AccessESP, Zilift, Coreteq systems, Haliburton, Dover Artificial Lift
Bachelors, Electronic & Electrical Engineering with 1st Class Honors - Coventry University (United Kingdom)
- ISO 150001v2011 Lead Auditor 2012
- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor 2014
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Experienced engineer offering knowledge in data analysis, ESP equipment installation and troubleshooting, electric submersible pumps assembly, and root cause analysis...
Experienced engineer offering knowledge in data analysis, ESP equipment installation and troubleshooting, electric submersible pumps assembly, and root cause analysis. Proven leader and manager supervising equipment operators, well sites, and leading dismantles. Collaborative leader with demonstrated skills in asset management, resource planning, and execution strategy to optimize business performance and forge strategic partnerships.
Dwiggins Consulting / ALSAugust 2020 – Present
Analyzed reliability of design, materials, processes, cost, and final electrical submersible pump (ESP) product. Advised design engineering team on selection of materials and recommended corrective actions. Maintained procedures and presented summary reports on failures and analysis.
Oversaw equipment installation and maintenance at wellsites, coordinated operations, and performed wellsite analysis. Served as one of three Field Service Coordinators and managed the performance of technicians in the field.
Bachelor of Science (BS) in Petroleum Engineering
Artificial Lift Consultant with over 40 years experience with all major ESP companies. Specialized in ESP assembly, ESP R&D and Quality and Reliability.
Skilled in ESP (Downhole & Topsides) installation, commissioning, monitoring, troubleshooting...
Skilled in ESP (Downhole & Topsides) installation, commissioning, monitoring, troubleshooting with 15+ years of experience throughout Middle East and Asia both offshore and onshore.
ESP Field Engineer
AOSCO Libya based in Benghazi.
Field Specialist III
BAKER HUGHES based in Thailand, current work assignment at Baker Hughes Australia Project to Support ESP job on some clients (Jadestone Oil, Triangle Energy, Arrow Energy).
BAKER HUGHESbased in Thailand, current project & assignment to Krisenergy ESP Project at Cambodia Offshore :
BAKER HUGHES based in Thailand, current project & assignment to Vestigo ESP Project at Kemaman Malaysia :
Field Service And Technical Advising Specialist
GE Oil & Gas Thailand, Songkhla, Thailand
Assigned to Kris Energy Project at Gulf of Thailand Project :
ESP Commissioning Engineer
GE Oil & Gas, Ndjamena, Chad, Africa
GE Oil & Gas Singapore Based, Assigned to Petrochad Project in CHAD – Africa with project details :
Senior Field Service Specialist
AL Schlumberger, Basra, Iraq
AL Schlumberger Middle East – Basra, IRAQ with project details :
Field Service Specialist
AL Schlumberger Seaco Inc, New Plymouth, New Zealand
Involved in Main Project for ESP Completion installation in OMV MAARI Field of New Zealand Project :
Schlumberger Indonesia, Pekanbaru, Indonesia
Involved in Schlumberger Artificial Lift for CHEVRON PACIFIC INDONESIA, Riau, Indonesia Project
Involved in Schlumberger Artificial Lift for KONDUR PETROLUEM INDONESIA, Riau, Indonesia Project
Skills & Competencies
Padjadjaran University Indonesia - Bandung, West Java
3 years of DiplomaInstrumentation of Electronics Program
Superior knowledge of Electric Submersible Pumps system (ESP), Surface Pump System (SPS), Variable Speed Drive (VSD)....
Superior knowledge of Electric Submersible Pumps system (ESP), Surface Pump System (SPS), Variable Speed Drive (VSD) and associated surface and downhole equipment. Completion knowledge, Surface and Downhole equipment failure analysis, Troubleshooting, Commissioning and startup, Upstream Oil and Gas operations, Offshore and Onshore operations, Proactive in preventive maintenance, Corrective maintenance, Technical support, Field site representative, Repair shop and management experience, along with first-hand experience with all phases of products lifetime development.
Oct 2020 - Mar 2021 VSD/Wellhead – Sheffield Energy Ltd. under KrisEnergy Apsara Ltd.
Rotational VSD/Wellhead technician for Southeast Asian operator.
Sept 2019 - Sept 2020 Freelance ESP/VSD Technician
July 2012 – August 2019 Field Services Specialist – Artificial Lift, Baker Hughes, Thailand
May 2011 – June 2012 Vice President of Services – Thebnakorn Trading
Apr 2010 – Mar 2011 Service Engineer - MHE-Demag(T)
May 2003 – June 2008 Production / Planning Engineer - Kangwal Polyester
Training and competencies
Pattaya International Safety Training Center: OPITO Approved Course: FOET, April 2020 Expire: July 2024
MOG Industry Training: OPITO Approved Course: FOET, April 2016 Expire: July 2020
GE Oil & Gas: Zenith Downhole System (Train the Trainer), February 2016
3M: 3M Cold Shrink Cable Termination Installation, October 2015
Taurus Engineering: Taurus Field Attachable Connector Assembly and Installation, February 2015
GE Oil & Gas: Cable Splicing, February 2015
GE Oil & Gas: Vector VII/Apollo CIT (VSD Commissioning, Maintenance & Repair), February 2015
ABB: Drive ACS 800 Series, September 2014
MOG Industry Training: TPTI Course: H2S Awareness, August 2014
GE Oil & Gas: Osiris Downhole Sensor, October 2013
GE Oil & Gas: Vector VII /Apollo (Variable Speed Drive Operation), September 2013
GE Oil & Gas: ESP Installation, December 2012
GE Oil & Gas: Environment Health and Safety (EHS), August 2012
GE Oil & Gas: ESP Principle, July 2012
Safety and Health at Work Promotion Association (Thailand): Safety Officer (Supervisor Level), June 2010
2005 - 2007 Master of Engineering, King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology North Bangkok, Thailand.
1998 - 2002 Bachelor of Engineering, Rajamangala Institute of Technology Bangkok Technical Campus, Thailand.
40+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Quality Engineering. Ability to direct complex projects from...
40+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Quality Engineering. Ability to direct complex projects from concept to fully operational status. Goal-oriented individual with strong leadership capabilities. Organized, highly motivated, and detail-directed problem solver. Proven ability to work in unison with staff, other departments, suppliers and clients.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance operations of Sand Screen Products.
- Co-ordinate all third party inspections with clients.
- Wrote detailed Quality Plans for all Sand Screen orders.
- Supervised all Quality Assurance Technicians and Documentation Co- coordinator.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance of Sand Screens @ supplier’s facility. Functions included Pre-production meetings with Customers, Quality Plan approvals, inspection of final product, and disposition of non- conformances.
- Wrote and distributed all Quality Assurance Bulletins for the Western division and department quality documents.
- Responsible for conducting all failure dismantles.
- Supervised DFAI Technicians.
- Responsible for all quality inspections of components and calibration of gauging equipment used for production.
- Performed calibrations on all gauging used for production purposes and maintained calibration records.
- Performed mechanical inspections and wrote disposition on all parts and components used in submersible pumps, motors and motor protectors.
- Performed inspections on all returned equipment dismantles.
A.S., Business Management, Bacone University
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, University of Wisconsin - 1998
Statistical Process Control, Bartlesville Technology left - 1992
Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing, Bartlesville Technology left - 1993
Six Sigma Green Belt company provided
Stewart is self-motivated and happy to work individually, as part of or leading a team. He is very focussed on maintaining relationships with...
Stewart is self-motivated and happy to work individually, as part of or leading a team. He is very focussed on maintaining relationships with existing customers and building relationships with new ones. Stewart always operate with total honesty and integrity. He goes above and beyond with the tasks he undertakes and believes that a job is worth doing correctly and with enthusiasm. Stewart has excellent verbal and written communication skills and is a competent presenter of his knowledge base. He likes to share knowledge with others and enjoys increasing his own knowledge base by self-studying and learning from others. He has developed a keen interest in LEAN methodology and has applied (and continues to apply) it to his past and current roles with proven results. Stewart is very used to working in a multi-cultural environment and dealing with cultural differences. Stewart is a natural problem solver and applies sensible logic to his solutions.
Stewart has been an active member and volunteer within the SPE Aberdeen Section. He has been on the organising committee for the last three EuALF (European Artificial Lift Forum) Conferences. He has also volunteered his time at other SPE events to assist the local section.
R. Stahl Ltd Regional Sales Manager, Nov 2017 - Present
Stewart is responsible for Sales in Scotland. Sales are through a mixture of distributors and direct accounts and include standard products and bespoke engineered systems. The customer base is End Users, EPCs and OEMs.
Other projects undertaken:
Stewart was responsible for the day to day operation of the Scottish Branch located in Aberdeen, which closed in Dec 17 due to organisational streamlining at HQ level.
RMSpumptools Limited Product Line Manager, Jun 2015 ‐ Nov 2017
Stewart was responsible for incorporating a newly acquired company into the RMSpumptools business as a new product line. Stewart continued to refine and grow the product offering based on customer feedback.
Other projects undertaken:
RMSpumptools Limited Application Engineer, Dec 2012 ‐ May 2015
Stewart accepted the role of Applications Engineer at the company Head Office working with the Mechanical Product Line on a global basis. This offered him a fresh challenge with a small company (100 employees) where he was an ESP expert and shared his experience and knowledge with the team.
Other projects undertaken:
Schlumberger UK Limited ALSC Engineer, Feb 2019 ‐ Dec 2012
Stewart took on the role of an ALSC Engineer working in EAF Artificial Lift Surveillance Centre. This was the first facility of its type in the world and provided 24/7 monitoring of over 180 ESPs across Europe, Africa and the Caspian Region. Stewart was heavily instrumental in taking this concept forward, creating and maintaining workflows, procedures and KPIs which were adopted globally as well as managing many improvement projects.
Other projects undertaken:
Further responsibilities assigned:
Schlumberger UK Limited Senior Field Specialist, Nov 2004 ‐ Jan 2008
Stewart was transferred to Schlumberger UK Limited in Inverurie, Scotland due to a large upturn in activity and progressed to a Senior Field Specialist position. Stewart's primary role was to work in the geomarket completing wells with Schlumberger Pumping Systems (SPS.) During this time Stewart worked extensively across the North Sea, Mainland Europe and Africa. Every location was challenging for different reasons.
Stewart's proudest achievement in this time was leading the team that produced the heaviest oil seen in an ESP worldwide during a Sub Sea Drill Stem Test in the Northern North Sea. This had been attempted twice before unsuccessfully. This project also received global recognition winning a Performed by Schlumberger Bronze award and has been covered in various technical papers and journals.
Schlumberger Logelco Inc Field Specialist, Jul 2003 ‐ Oct 2004
Based in Nefteyugansk, Western Siberia, Russia and in Usinsk, Arctic Region, Russia. Installation and commissioning of ESPs, VSDs and associated equipment.
Schlumberger Global Resources Junior Field Specialist, Aug 2002 ‐ Jun 2003
Based in La Defense, Paris, France. Part of the Well Completions and Productivity Flying Squad. Short notice travel globally to gain maximum experience in as many oilfield environments as possible.
- ISO 9001 Auditor Training
- Microsoft Training: Sharepoint and Access
- OFS 3 (Schlumberger Management Training)
- Application Engineering Intermediate Training
- Processbook Advanced User Training
- Toshiba TOSVERT 300MVI Diploma – Toshiba Houston, Texas
- Xpert Variable Speed Drive – European Learning Centre, Paris
- Xpert Electrical Submersible Pump – France Training Centre, Pau
- Well Completions and Productivity for Specialists – France Training Centre, Pau
- Studied to HND level in Electronic Engineering – Aberdeen College
- Studied Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic and Computer Sciences) – Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
- Studied to NC Level in Electronic and Electrical Engineering – Aberdeen College
- Westhill Academy, Westhill
Margarita Lilaysromant is a Petroleum Engineer with significant experience in both ESPs and Gas Lift...
Margarita Lilaysromant is a Petroleum Engineer with significant experience in both ESPs and Gas Lift. Margarita is skilled in ESP and Gas Lift Design as well as Reservoir and Production Engineering. Margarita began her career at SLB in 2007, obtained her masters in Petroleum Engineering at Heriot-Watt University and has since held positions in consulting roles.
2019 - 2020 HYBON ENERGY LTD. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reservoir and Production Engineering Consultant
Assisting with field acquisition and business development efforts in southeast Asia for a small independent oil & gas company:
SCHLUMBERGER,Aberdeen, UK, 2012-2016
Artificial Lift Engineer, Artificial Lift Services, Electric Submersible Pump (ESP)
Seconded to Fairfield Energy’s office to assist with daily ESP operations. Responsibilities included:
SCHLUMBERGER,Aberdeen, UK, 2010-2012
Artificial Lift Engineer, Artificial Lift Service, Gas Lift
Gas lift applications engineer supporting GL operation for Chevron, TAQA, CNR, Marathon, ConocoPhillips. Responsibilities included:
SCHLUMBERGER, Muscat, Oman, 2007-2009
Field Engineer, Artificial Lift Services
Onshore ESP operations for PDO and Occidental Oman delivering ESP services in a remote desert location. Field and office based support. Responsibilities included:
SCHLUMBERGER, Tyumen, Russia, Summer 2007
Trainee Engineer, Well Completions Supply Chain
- Developed Supplier Capability Assessment System adopted by supply chain for evaluation of new suppliers.
Vologdin RF Current Research Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2006-2007
Engineer, Induction Heating Department
- Design of inductive installations.
- Cooling and control systems for inductive installations.
SORBONNE UNIVERSITY, Paris, France, 2009-2010
Course of French Language & Civilization
ST. PETERSBURG STATE POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2005-2007
Masters of Science in Engineering & Technology- GPA: 4.8/5.0; Graduated in first class.
ST. PETERSBURG STATE POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2001-2005
Bachelors of Science in Engineering & Technology
- GPA: 4.8/5.0; Graduated in first class.
- Majoring in Electromechanical, Sources Power and Control Processes, Electro-technological Plasma Engineering at the Department of Electrical systems & Installations of the Electromechanical Faculty.
An experienced, results-driven, analytical, decisive, and flexible productive General Manager with more than 30 years in...
An experienced, results-driven, analytical, decisive, and flexible productive General Manager with more than 30 years in business and technical management, consistently achieving significant results in: Operating cost reduction, global and domestic operations, productivity, technology implementation, and accustomed to overcoming demanding market, technological, financial, and competitive challenges successfully driving performance im- provements and profitability through: Strategic planning and leadership, production planning, training, develop- ment and team building, customer service and quality.
Northern US Operations Manager – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Responsible 5 direct reports and Northern US Operation.
- P & L responsibility for the Northern US business.
- Annual & long term strategic planning, and implementation of Plan for NUS Operations.
- Responsible to recruit and build an operations team in the Northern US.
- Integrate and incorporate Artificial Lift into the Halliburton organization culture and systems.
- Evaluate existing infrastructure making recommendations for a more efficient service operation.
APAC Operations Manager – Bangkok, Thailand
- Responsible 6 direct reports and APAC Operations.
- P & L responsibility for $50 million business.
- Managing functional groups progress including applications engineering, facilities, EHS, quality, and field service through influence in a matrix organization.
- Annual & long term planning, and implementation for APAC.
- Capital planning and execution for all capital projects in APAC.
WRESP Technology Manager – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Established executable business plan for this technology in 2009.
- Managed the development, documentation and testing of the 9 5/8” and 7” systems.
- Managed the relationship between the Zeitecs and WGESP teams.
- Responsible for 4 people, contractors and the coordination of regional engineering, logistics and service personnel (between 6 to 8 people per project).
- Responsible for $2.5 million budget and the management of the technological development as well as each individual project.
- Collaboratively planned each project incorporating all stakeholders and third party products and services.
Marketing, Bid Support & Training Manager – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Managed traditional marketing activities such as brochure, advertising and trade shows.
- Developed and managed the Marketing and Training budget of $2.2 million.
- Established a product development procedure to prioritize development projects.
- Managed 4 direct reports and collaboratively worked throughout all WGESP functional groups.
- Lead bid teams in preparation of large bid multi-million dollar projects.
- Worked collaboratively within WGESP & with consultants to establish applications and field service training.
President and COO – Tulsa, Oklahoma
- New Company with targeted Sales of $300K for 2005 – 2006.
- Responsible for 7 direct reports in engineering, sales and finance.
- Established executable Business plan based on core business, developing personnel and contract distribution network for sales and service.
- Developed reporting systems for general accounting, sales, and service in order, to understand the financial performance of the company relative to the business plan.
- Developed supply chain for electrical components required for VSD packaging.
- Structured RRA as a separate entity from Parent Company in preparation for acquisition.
H-Pump Product Manager - Claremore, Oklahoma
- For Centrilift’s horizontal pumping systems representing $24 million in revenue.
- Responsible for developing market opportunities and supporting product strategies to grow profitable market share.
- Key deliverables were Technology Road Map, business case justification for new market opportunities, and management of the commercialization process.
- Responsible for 3 direct reports and 10 indirect reports.
Forecasting and Project Management
- Responsible for consolidating regional forecast and creating monthly manufacturing plan.
- Developed an automated forecasting, business plan and data query process.
- Set up contract review for high specification orders including HPS.
- Establish an inventory management process to drive assembly to subassembly level reducing parts inventory 14%.
- Responsible for 3 direct reports and 18 indirect regional inventory personnel.
General Manager/Director - Rio de Janeiro, RJ – Brazil
- Annual revenues from 1999 through 2002 grew from $1.5 to $7.3 million.
- Profit and loss, budgeting, long range and capital planning, all aspects of repair facility, sales and service operations and economic value added management (BVA).
- Reorganized operation to technically support Petrobras including engineering and service structures for the offshore environment.
- Segmented markets into commodity business, International Oil Companies and technology, organizing resources to support each business segment profitably.
- Responsible for 8 direct reports and 16 indirect reports.
Operations Manager - Maracaibo, Zulia – Venezuela
- Profit and loss responsibility, managed Venezuelan National Oil Company (PDVSA) incentive contracts.
- Negotiated Third party contracts and services such as launches and barges to support operations.
- Responsible for alliance contracts totaling $25 million/yr. as of October 1999.
- Responsible for multinational business development in Lake Maracaibo, Venezuela (Phillips & Chinese).
- Responsible for 5 direct reports and 42 indirect reports.
Regional Manager of Western Latin America - Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- Primary function was to establish company owned entities in Argentina, Brazil, and Colombia representing $23 million in sales.
- Developed strategies, wrote and implemented plans for expanding business into each country. This was achieved by purchasing existing agents or building company owned facilities.
- Responsible for 3 direct reports as well as indirectly working with contract agents in these areas.
General Manager Reda de Venezuela - Las Morochas, Zulia - Venezuela
- Devised and implemented marketing and business strategies including annual business plan, budget, P & L responsibility.
- Oversaw all phases of the planning and construction of a repair facility.
- Administered a $2 million expense budget and a $1 million capital budget.
- Responsible for a staff of 24 in Marketing, Engineering, Service and Manufacturing.
- Established Reda in Venezuela and developed a $20 Million market.
Field Sales / Operations Supervisor / Service Supervisor
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK